Monday, 4 January 2010

My Reflection On the Bridge Building Activity

I was looking forward to doing the bridge building project with my group members. I thought a number of six group members was just nice as we could split up the work and work as a team. However, I felt that my group was not as united as it should have been. There were three girls and three boys in my group and the boys did not response much to the girls' opinions. Then, when the girls took the boys' silence as an agreement and started working on the model of the bridge, the boys began to argue about how to go about doing the model.

I was perplexed about what the boys were actually doing but as I knew we were short of time, I did not ask the boys to explain what they were doing but to ask them to give the girls the instructions on what to do so that we could help them to speed up the work. Eventually, the model was completed.

After the activity, we had a discussion on the process of building the bridge and the we all agreed with the point of view that we should pay attention to one another's opinion and respect one another so to work together as a team and have a wonderful time working with one another. I believe that we are able to do a more effective and a better job in future :)!


Lai Ziying

No comments:

Post a Comment